Driving to Hachinohe City
- Exit the base from the POL gate and proceed straight about 3 KM until you reach the Momoishi Toll road. It is the first overpass you will come to.
- Turn left at the traffic light just prior to the overpass and you are on the entrance ramp to the toll road
- You will pass through the Shimoda Toll Gate (¥150) and continue on to the Hachinohe Kita exit. (Second exit past the toll booth)
- Exit at Hachinohe Kita (¥200) and follow the exit ramp to the traffic light.
- The cross street is Route 45.
You are now on the outskirts of Hachinohe City. Continue with the below instructions to get to your destination
Hachinohe Children’s Park
and Botanical Garden
GPS 40.483776 - 141.514549
Hachinohe Area Driving list
- Turn right on Route 45 and follow it for about 7km until you will come to a T intersection with a traffic light.
- Turn right. You are still on Route 45 but stay in the right-hand lane.
- Proceed through the tunnel.
- At the second traffic light after the tunnel, turn right.
- Proceed past the Planetarium to the second traffic light and turn right. (The first light is only a crosss-walk).
- Follow this road to another T intersection where you will turn left
- At the next traffic light, the road forks. Bear right at the fork.
- Continue to the first Stop sign and turn left.
- Follow the road across a narrow bridge, up the hill and through the traffic light.
- The Botanical Garden is on the left.
- Walk through the garden to get to the park.
Courtesy of Airman and Family Readiness Center