Driving to Hachinohe City
- Exit the base from the POL gate and proceed straight about 3 KM until you reach the Momoishi Toll road. It is the first overpass you will come to.
- Turn left at the traffic light just prior to the overpass and you are on the entrance ramp to the toll road
- You will pass through the Shimoda Toll Gate (¥150) and continue on to the Hachinohe Kita exit. (Second exit past the toll booth)
- Exit at Hachinohe Kita (¥200) and follow the exit ramp to the traffic light.
- The cross street is Route 45.
You are now on the outskirts of Hachinohe City. Continue with the below instructions to get to your destination
Hachinohe Planetarium and Earth Museum
Hachinohe Area Driving List
- Turn right on Route 45 and follow it for about 7km until you come to a T intersection with a traffic light.
- Turn right. You are still on Route 45 but stay in the right-hand lane.
- Proceed through the tunnel.
- At the second traffic light after the tunnel, turn right.
- The Planetarium will be on the ledft, two blocks down the road.
- The entrance to the parking lot is half-way down the block, enter slowly. There is a steep incline.
Courtesy of Airman and Family Readiness Center.