This year's Air Show will be held on Sunday, 11 Sept from 9am til 3pm. There will be numerous aircraft and Air Defense weapons on static display as well as fly-bys by various aircraft. JASDF's Blue Impulse will be coming this year.
There will also be a rescue demonstration and parachuting demonstration.
The static displays as well as food and souvineer booths will line the aircraft parking aprons on the south side of the airfield.
The eventmap is here
For more information, check out the base web page here.
Traffic Flow: (Info is subject to change)
- Officials ask that people living in the main base housing area and dorms walk to and from the air festival.
- North area housing residents should consider using the base shuttle serice.
- Bikes, skateboards, roller blades and scooters are forbidden in the festival area.
- Smoking is restricted to designated areas.
- Once the Air Show ends at 3PM, base officials need everyone, including vendors to vacate the ramp quickly so the base can prepare for normal flying operations.
- Security personnel will be conducting random checks of bags and vehicles. Thank you for your cooperation.
- The Air Show Shuttle Buses run from 7AM to 3:30PM. Routes go from North Area Shoppette the static display area. I believe they run every 20 minutes but I have no firm info on that.
- The Commissary will be closed for the Air Show and open on Monday, 12 Sept instead.
- The Base Exchange Facilities will implement 100% ID check at the door.